HOI-MEA has introduced a line of Palm Tree camouflage solution which is a base station that integrates the antenna mounting and the eco-friendly exposure. The specs of the Palm Tree entail: more branches, fuller foliage, more realistic palm covering the entire length of the “trunk”, and more antennas bearings.
The Main Components:
- Palm Trunk: The Palm Tree trunks consist of a conical steel plate composed of several parts fitted together. The number of parts is determined by the required height. The covering material of the trunk is resistant to ultra-violet rays and weather dynamics and is very similar to the natural palm tree bark. A more natural display is attained via the addition of the extra branches.
- Branches: The Palm Tree branches are composed of fiberglass plastic section with different lengths achieving the tapered appearance of the natural palm branches. Plastic leaves are added to the branches simulating actual foliage; and all the plastic materials are UV stabilized. The use of the plastic and fiberglass materials for palm leaves and branches ensures the excellent RF propagation.
- Foliage: Depending on the site configuration, the antennas are installed at the top of a steel pipe or on special galvanized arms. The arrangement of the foliage entirely conceals the panel antennas.
- Feeder Cables: The feeder cables are installed inside the “trunk” with the suitable accessories.
- The Design is according to ANSI/TIA-222-G, ASCE-07 and ASCE-48 standards.
- Basic Design wind speed is 3-sec gust speed 160 km/hr.
- Operational wind speed is 3-sec gust speed 110 km/hr.
- Maximum deflection = 1.0 degree at operational wind speed.
- The Structure is supplied with a set of standard accessories like obstruction light, lightning and earthing system.
- Available heights are 25, 30, 35, 40m and 45m with polygonal 16-sided overlap connections.
- The Load Capacity is 6 GSM antennas on the top and 4 MWs (0.6m diameter) just below the fronds.
- The Materials used are mild steel (S235j0, A36) and high tensile (S355j0).